Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The food safety commissioner has shut down a restaurant in Vazhuthacaud

The food safety commissioner has shut down Salwa Café, a restaurant in Vazhuthacaud, following complaints that people who consumed food from the outlet had been taken ill. Five persons were hospitalised after consuming food from the hotel. Shobi Tilakan, dubbing artiste and son of actor Tilakan and his family members were admitted to a local hospital on Thursday with complaints of vomiting, gastrointestinal problems and nausea. Recollecting his ordeal, Tilakan said, “On Tuesday I bought four shawarmas from this shop.My wife Sreelekha, daughter Devayani S. Tilakan, 10 and Devanandan S. Tilakan, 3 had food around 7.30 pm. But early on Wednesday morning, my daughter and wife complained of a stomach ache and loose motions.” Tilakan said that he too had developed stomach pains but had to rush for a shoot with his father. “I finished the shoot around 10 pm and by then my condition became worse. However, on returning home, I got the shock of my life. My wife and children were lying on the bed, totally exhausted and unable to even get up. It was late at night when I called up their paediatrician and he gave them medicine,’’ Tilakan said.However, since the family’s condition did not improve they went to the hospital on Thursday. “In the hospital I found that there was another child who had partaken of food from the same restaurant. He was a class IX student and was admitted to the ICU,” said Tilakan. Tilakan called up the food safety commissioner and complained against the hotel following which the outlet was closed down. Corporation health officer, D. Sreekumar said, “We have directed the ow-ner not to open the shop without our permission. We are slapping at least 10 notices on hotels every week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment